Vonore Baptist Church has been a lighthouse in the Vonore Community since 1905. Started with 15 faithful members the church has been growing ever since.
The first frame building was built on land that was donated by church members, Mr. and Mrs. George Ray. In 1907, the church joined the Sweetwater Baptist Association--a partnership that continues today. In 1942, VBC saw tough times as a fire burned the first building destroying all of the church records since its beginning. However, just four days after the terrible fire, a building committee was appointed with the task of building a new home for VBC. A quick 14 months later, a new building was dedicated in July 1943.
Over the next 30 years several building projects were completed adding rooms and space for the growing church. In 1994, VBC held groundbreaking ceremonies for a new building that would have Sunday School rooms, offices, and a new Worship Center. This new addition was dedicated April 23, 1995.
In May, 2005 we were honored to celebrate 100 years in the Vonore Community, laboring together with other Christians for the cause of Christ. On this special Centennial Homecoming service, the Building Committee unveiled plans for a new Family Life Center. One year later in May, 2006 members participated in the groundbreaking ceremony of this new facility.